Airlines have lots of rules. To stay grounded we have a few rules too, and guidelines, which FCF researchers and analysts endeavor to follow when they’re reporting to you, and when they fly themselves.
We also share our internal house rules with you so that you can appreciate, “where we go / don’t go”—what you can expect, in effect.
Feel free to adopt any or all of them (the Internet is full of dark alleys, especially when you go searching for upgrade strategies or low-cost Business and First Class air travel):
- Beat the system, don’t cheat the system
- See getting upgraded as a pleasant task not a humiliating ask
- Stay up to date with the intelligence
- If you can be flexible Be Flexible
- Don’t let the world pour you into its mold
- Know when to pay cash
- Know when to Buy Miles to Fly in Style
- Know when and where Sweet Redeems (routes with great premium-mileage-seat availability) are plentiful
- Know that while extravagance gets you upfront so too does diligence